Thursday, August 27, 2009

Favorite friends

I received two messages today alerting me to new pictures on Picasa. One set was posted by Gabriel, who went camping with Peter and another friend. He posted a few photographs from Vermont that are very good -- he concentrated very much on composition, on color, on form. I also received an e-mail from Jody, who posted some shots of Minnesota that give a strong sense of place, and a strong sense of Coco, too. (How Jody found so many places without snow is a mystery to me.)

The notices showed up in my mailbox informing me that the photographs were available because I linked to their Picasa sites as a friend. To do this, you designate a person as a favorite in the right panel, triggering an e-mail to you whenever more pictures are posted. I find it a good way to keep tabs on what people are doing that I care about, and the person who posts them doesn't have to send out notices whenever something new is up.

I've linked to those I know who are posting on Picasa or who have designated me a favorite, but I am not aware of everyone who might be doing this. If you add me as a favorite, you will show up as a fan of mine, in which case it is easy to follow through and designate you as a favorite. Or drop me a line and I'll add you. Those currently on my list include:

  • Antonia
  • Darien
  • Gabriel
  • Jennifer
  • Jonathan
  • Marc
  • Martha (thanks, Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment