Thursday, August 20, 2009

Photo bacchanalia

Picasa now has a nice feature that allows more than one person to contribute to a Web folder. You initiate it through the share button when you open up the Web folder. There is a check box to enable contributions. While the contributor can add descriptions, he or she can't edit your own descriptions. (I consider this a flaw; I'd like that to be something you can turn on or off by user.)

I have set up a shared folder for Darien and me to begin putting images for ideas we want to remember as we continue to design the lower bathroom in the cabin. I've also included her and Gabriel on the cabin renovation as a whole. Since Gabriel is actually living in the cabin now, it will be easy for him to shoot some pictures if there are day-to-day developments that I can then review and decide whether to retain. The storage counts against the host (me), but that isn't an immediate issue.

I'm thinking of converting my Dukes growing up in Norwalk to a shared folder for any of the kids to drop images as they scan them. Maybe I'll do something similar for genealogy-related images. What do you think? Is it something you would use?

No comments:

Post a Comment