Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Breaking News!

Yes, The Dip Mystery has been solved. To be more precise, it was solved on August 10th.

Perhaps you haven't gone back to read the ever-increasing comments to John's "Duke Dip Recipe" post, from March 29th?

To make it easy for you, I have included the last two comments below, from Chief Inspector Martha and Detective Janet. You will see that with perseverance and hard work, the key to the real, the true, the Original Duke Dip has been discovered! Read on:
Janet said...

From what I read Lea & Perrins made a wine based Worcestershire however it is now sold as a Marinade for Chicken, it still has the Green Label. I think it may be the product that is wrapped in paper.Someone had the question of "Where can I find the Worcestershire sauce with the green label" The quest is on...

John said...

My mother went to the source ("please relay to Janet") and called Heinz, the parent company for Lee & Perrins. They confirm that their white wine chicken marinade (with the green label) is what she is now using in Duke Dip. They are bottling it now as a marinade for wider use.

Why she didn't tell any of her children of her variation in the recipe is a mystery to me. Maybe she wants to stay ahead of us in the innovation game? I can only imagine, however, how crushed everyone will be to see traditional Worcestershire sauce out of the recipe. I'm guessing she will have few followers.

Comments, anyone?

4 comments:

  1. Now I want to know why her very own children were not able to unravel the mystery and left it to outside source. Also when I make this using the Chicken Marinade, who will taste it for authenticity? I may just have to take a drive out to Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need to taste it. I know it just won't be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be afraid, very afraid, I could just be "the one" to crack the code...My problem is I don't have enough people to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is particularly tolerable, however investigate the tips during this place of residence. These you will at that point see the most significant thing, the application gives you a site an incredible significant web page: News 24 hours

    ReplyDelete