Sunday, February 21, 2010

Egging you on

Who would have known I needed help in cracking eggs? I came across this in Cooks Illustrated. I don't know if it works yet, since I haven't had a chance to try it. Let me know if you are able to test it out. It may save me from always fishing for egg shells after I crack.

Don't crack the egg on the edge of the bowl or counter. Instead use a flat surface (such as the kitchen counter or a breadboard) and tap the egg, then pull the halves apart over the bowl. Presumably, this results in a cleaner break.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who didn't know this.

4 comments:

  1. Yes it does...just make you don't hit too hard or you will end up with egg on your counter top...experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to practice in the bathtub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! My mom can crack 4 eggs at a time..she learned this fine art from working at an egg dehydration (they made powdered eggs) plant in Denton, Texas .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try this. This isn't like a funny joke, right?

    ReplyDelete